Details of JEST-2013 :-
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science in one of the Participating Institutes need to appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST 2013)
Eligibility details for JEST-2013 :-
Ph.D. Programme (Physics):
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
- Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR. Theoretical Computer Science:
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc for further details.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme
- At HRI, IISER-Pune, SNBNCBS, and NCRA-TIFR candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
- At IMSc, graduates with Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer science/information technology/Engineering will also be considered for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. programme. All candidates successful in the course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
- At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post-B.Sc.-Ph.D. programme in subject areas mentioned above.
- At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- Graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. programme in Physics.
Important Dates For JEST-2013 :-
1-Tentative date of examination is: 17th February, 2013
2-Online application will be available during: November/December, 2012
3-Results will be announced in the month of: March, 2013
4-Interviews will start from the: Last week of April
JEST-2013 Sample Question Papers Can download from Here :-
- Physics sample paper
- Theoretical Computer Science preparation material
- TCS sample paper
JEST Sample Question Paper Download 2013 .ZIP FILE
Visit offifical website of JEST 2013 To know More
jest 2013 admission, jest 2013 application, jest 2013 dates, jest 2013 Eligibility, jest 2013 for PhD admission, jest 2013 Notification, jest 2013 Question Paper, jest 2013 Sample Question Papers, jest 2013 syllabus